Sunday, April 13, 2014

Revised Summary/Plan/Update (4/14)

Things have been going well with the survey. Although an online survey is extremely efficient and easy, I decided to switch to a hard copy of the survey because it would be easier for my parents to distribute in the work space. People tend to avoid emails if they are uncertain about the subject matter, so I figured that creating a paper survey would be easiest. My mom has given the survey to 25 coworkers, and my dad has done the same. Out of the results, I am shocked to see how many older individuals are eating take out. My hypothesis for this is that after work, they are extremely stressed and want something quick and easy to eat after a long day at the office. I still have not received all the surveys back from my parents so I am eager to see what other conclusions I can form from the information I will collect.
     I have also given the survey to 50 teens that i have seen in the past few weeks. I gave it to my volleyball team, to see if athleticism would have anything to do with smart healthy food choices. I also gave it to a handful of boys as well to see if gender would have an affect on the stats. It is shocking to me how few boys tend to go to fast food. My initial hypothesis was that teen boys would go to fast food places more because they would be less concerned with body figure, physique. Shockingly, I was completely wrong. The stats show that it is more of a 50/50 thing with teen girls and boys. Haha, maybe it's a teen thing? I am looking to give the survey to more people to see if I can find anything else that is interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment